Saturday, 7 July 2007

Countdown to the summer holidays






One more week of school, then the boys are off school for the summer. Let's see how long it'll take until they are bored. Luckily their dad comes and takes them to Germany for two weeks. Then I will go to Germany for two days, for some shopping and family visits, then I will bring the boys back to London. I hope that there won't be any more terror attacks, otherwise the security at the airports will be really strict and waiting times unbearable for little kids.


Martin had his 6th birthday last month and will start primary school in September. I'll attach a photo of him, we blocked his door with a tower of presents and he was quite surprised when he got up in the morning.


The weather has been quite sad lately. This weekend we had the first real sunshine in a while. Yesterday I went to the Hampton Court Flower Show, the biggest of its kind in the world. I was a good girl and did not buy too many new plants, but it was just amazing to see the show gardens and all the new plant varieties. Our own garden is growing well, but the wet weather has helped snails and slugs to multiply. Our pond is always fun to watch. I put an aquarium on our window sill and everytime we find something interesting, we put it in there for observation. At the moment we have some baby newts and water snails in there.



2 comments:

Taryn said...

Gisela, those pics of the flower show are beautiful. I especially like the one with the reds. Sounds like you are really looking forward to the Summer...enjoy your break and shopping in Germany. If it is any consulation, we have had crappy weather here, too. I love your idea of observation aquarium! Cheers!

Taryn said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Martin!